- Body Psychotherapy – an Introduction by Nick Totton.
- Linda Hartley’s Somatic Psychology – Body Mind and Meaning is also a good introduction and includes more detail on underlying physiological and psychological theory.
- Body-Centred Psychotherapy – the Hakomi Method by Ron Kurtz.
- Damasio, A: The Feeling of What Happens. 1999
- Gendlin, E: Focusing. 1978
- Kepner, J: Body Process. 1987
- LeDoux, J: Synaptic Self: How our brains become who we are. 2002
- Levine, P: Waking the Tiger: Healing Trauma.1997
- Lowen, A: Bioenergetics. 1975
- Ogden, P, Minton, K & Pain, C: Trauma and the Body – a sensorimotor approach to psychotherapy: 2006
- Painter, J: Deep Bodywork and Personal Development. 1984
- Rothschild, B: The Body Remembers. 2000
- Seigel, D. The Developing Mind. 1999
- Stern, D: The Interpersonal World of the Infant. 1985
- Schore, A: Affect Regulation and the Origin of the Self. 1994
Useful websites include:
- Linda Hartley: www.lindahartley.co.uk
- Silke Ziehl: www.entelia.de
- Nick Totton: www.erthworks.co.uk
- Roz Carroll: www.thinkbody.co.uk
- European Association for Body Psychotherapy: www.eabp.org
- Deep Bodyworkers in the UK: www.bodyworkers.org.uk
- Chiron Association for Body Psychotherapists: